shutdown day

can you go 24 hours without your computer? honestly, I think it’ll be a toss up whether or not it’s easy for me. it just means more time in the sun {providing that it doesn’t rain} or more time for reading {providing that I have some good reading material} or more time for new beers {cheers to that!}
but I’m giving Shutdown Day a shot.

can you? if so, what will you do? if not, what is keeping you glued to your computer.

11 Responses to “shutdown day”

1. layersofmeaning said:

That’s a hard one! I don’t know if I could do it!
    I’m gonna try it as well!

2. Sara Christine said:

I think I would get fired if I didn’t check my e-mail every single day! But maybe I could actually start working my way through the growing pile of New Yorkers on my bedside table, or take a daytrip down the coast, or clean out my refrigerator! I might have to give it a try. :)

3. Chelsea said:

I am totally doing this and the fact that it’s on a Saturday makes it easier. I hope it is good weather that day so I can be outside…otherwise.. I should probably be cleaning or something. I usually am pretty good at staying away on the weekends.. during the week is what’s hard.

4. Diana said:

Oh…that would be hard…but most Saturdays if I’m out and about I don’t use my computer. Now during the week is another story! What keeps me glued? Connections and the endless array of knowledge out there, and Hulu online TV – SO addicted. Let us know how it goes…

5. Lauren Kilberg said:

Being that it’s a Saturday, I definitely am up for the challenge. I recently took a trip and spent the week volunteering/camping at a sea turtle rescue center. No computer, no cell phone, no technology at all. I was shocked by not only how easy it was, but how much I loved the escape.

I think it’s a great idea to step away, even if it’s just one day a year.

6. Borda said:

I really think I can do it, but only because I’m going to a wedding that day out of town. I might not even bring my computer on the trip! (No, you don’t know them. It’s one of John’s friends.)

7. Robin said:

I can maybe do it, as long as I don’t have an assignment due that day! I hate how much I’m attached to the computer nowadays. I’m on it all day at work, then as soon as I get home I turn on my laptop, since I am doing my masters online…plus all the blogging, flickring, online tv watching…too much!

8. Joanna Goddard said:

that’s really tough but i might try it too!

9. Astrid said:

May 3rd will be an easy day for me, because I will be on a plane to Greece. Normally it’s very, very hard to stay away from the computer…

10. Amy Nieto said:

Well, I’m going to be serving a long long wedding that day, so it should’nt be a problem. Any other day?…oh man, it’s tough ahaha