right this second…

I can’t help but be:
a little bittersweet about the arrival of fall.

there’s a funny thing that’s happened to me over the past few weeks. you see, growing up in Florida, we didn’t have much of a fall, therefore I’ve always thought of fall as being my favorite season. I love breathing in cool morning air. I love sweaters and scarves and boots. I love watching the leaves change while our section of the world prepares for winter…
but that’s just it.
this time, I don’t want to prepare for winter. I can’t stand that the days are getting shorter and soon it’ll be dark by 5pm. I don’t want the sunshine to end and the rain to begin. and as much as I like sweaters and scarves, I’m not ready to pack up my sandals and summer dresses and unpack my rain boots and winter coats. I haven’t needed an umbrella in weeks and I don’t mind that one bit.
so yes, a funny thing has happened to me over the past few weeks, my friends. I still love fall and fall fashion of course. but summer’s end is a bit bittersweet. I’m happy that I’ll no longer suffer from 100 degree heat and I’m happy that I won’t feel silly without tan legs. but I’m sad. I’ll miss those summer nights spent sharing laughter and beers on the roof with my best friend. I’ll miss early saturday walks to the farmer’s market. I’ll miss those 8:30 sunsets.

well, looks like it’s time to say hello to fall. please stick around for awhile.
and happy friday, friends.

{me + polas, apples, 174, view from my bathroom window on a saturday afternoon, yugue_1, me otoñé, untitled, nurk2006_06_L03_print, backyard, catching my breath}

10 Responses to “right this second…”

1. Apt. #34 said:

gorgeous collage my dear – very fall-like in Seattle too. The prospect of new boots is helping me accept it.

2. the girl documentary said:

i love these photographs! and oh my you’re blog is just amazing! i got a link from allie anne’s blog when you featured her as your photographer. =) mmm.. and i think i will be coming back =)

3. Aran said:

i relate to that. i keep telling everyone how much i love fall… i do dream of boots and scarves and coats but i have to admit that when i can wear my sandals out in the middle of december, i feel pretty darn lucky!

4. Kate said:

Oh gosh, I hear you, loud and clear. This has been such a good summer, I can’t believe it’s so close to being over.

5. Alicia said:

I totally agree…I like fall, but the changing of the light and the shortening of the days is not my favorite. So I guess that I like it only sort of! Fortunately the sun in CO continues to shine through the winter (fall is actually the ‘rainy’ season here if you can call a handful of rainy days a season!) so I’ve got that to look forward to! And yes the end of farmer’s markets always saddens me too…

6. Amy Nieto said:

Everybody here in the guesthouse is in anticipation of this Winter. We’ve all been hearing stories, and are mostly worried and afraid but eager to see what the big deal is.

Me, I’m worried about photoshoots after Octover. eek.

7. teresa said:

The beauty is that summer will return, in due time. Earth is just relaxing and gearing up for another beautiful, bright and sunny season :)

8. Joetta said:

such lovely pics…

9. jenni said:

I adore these autumn photos.

10. Borda said:

Don’t you worry Sonia, you’ll always have a place to stay with me in Tampa if you decide you need a mid-winter break!

P.S. It might technically be fall here, but it’s a miserable 90 degrees and humid.