right this second…

I’m feeling:
good, real good.

I’m developing quite a crush on:
crème brulee chai.

I’m finding that:
searching for the most amazing wedding venue that’s affordable is proving to be a challenge. {pssstt…. any suggestions lovely Portland friends? outdoors, garden, farm, orchard, the mountain….}

I’m excited to go to:
forecast this weekend with two lovely ladies.

I still think that:
Portland weather is weird.

and that’s all for now… happy weekend, friends!

{photo from moxiee, who is recently engaged!}

17 Responses to “right this second…”

1. darlingsavage said:

hi! if you think you might want an indoor wedding, you should check out the northstar ballroom. it’s actually a lovely space (the website photos don’t do it justice).
    have a nice weekend! (enjoy the sun when it decides to pop out.)

2. bioEgirl said:

Check the parks and rec website! That’s how we found our location…most of the spaces available for weddings are super affordable. Plus they have links to non-parks and rec outdoor locations as well. Good luck with your search!

3. e.soule said:

The weddings I’ve seen in passing at Kroger Farm on Sauvie Island have always been beautiful and simple. I’m not sure what they prices are, but I could see you and the man enjoying the place. They have these lovely large trees out in the field by the blueberry plants that the ceremonies tend to take place at.

4. Marty J. said:

I just love your blog so much! The ideas, pictures and just, well, everything inspire me to want to make art again. Hope you don’t mind…I linked your blog to my own. Thanks for the daily beauty!

5. Amy Nieto said:

Dude, i have a backyard! That my roomie is in the process of cleaning up and stuff. Yeah. You should have your wedding at

okay im not even going to finish that lol I wish I knew more about venues here!!

6. Ann said:

Holy crap.
    We’ve been engaged for 4 days and I’m already overwhelmed with our simple little wedding.

Who knew?!?

7. Laura said:

We got married outside at Leach Botanical Garden in SE Portland and it was a steal since it is part of Portland Parks and Rec.

It’s fairly small but very charming. Email me if you would like to see some photos from it :-)

8. Susan said:

I second Leach Botanical Gardens… I got married there in 2001 and it was delightful. You can use the house for dressing and such and we set up the tables outside in a sort of French cafe feel under the trees – it was lovely if I do say so myself.

9. robin said:

My husband & I got married at Tanner Springs Park in 2006. It was lovely. We rode the streetcar together to our wedding and afterwards everyone paraded to the Daily Cafe for a delicious dinner party. Reserving the park cost $45. The park has seating built in so we didn’t bring any chairs. I loved it.

10. jen jafarzadeh said:

This photo is so pretty! Just added it to my favorites. I can’t help with that part of the country, but I will say google can be your friend. I got married on a farm in Maine, and I was searching hard for a barn up there. None of the wedding venues listed on all the wedding sites/magazines fit for us, so I just kept doing online searches till our spot came up. It also helps with costs, if you can find a space that’s two-in-one. Our wedding location was also where we stayed for a couple nights before and after the wedding, so we didn’t have to pay extra for a place to stay.

11. Mia said:

We were married last October on the rooftop terrace of The Ecotrust building. There is a fireplace up there and a wonderful skyline view. It was exactly what we were looking for. They are very helpful and it was definitely budget friendly. Good luck!

12. Sarah said:

We got married at Camp Colton just south of Portland (http://www.campcolton.com/). It has a WWII Chapel for if it rains, and lots of lovely meadows and fields for if its sunny. All the family stayed in the cabins at the camp and after the wedding friends pitched tents, had a bonfire and stayed the night. It was all perfect. It’s not a steal like a public park, but it does come with everything – all tables, chairs, dishes, linens, even a bartender so it was actually cheaper to get it all together rather than renting it ourselves. The staff was a dream to work with. Congrats and good luck!

13. mosey said:

Why don’t you just borrow a friend’s farm or garden? That’s what I did. I knew someone with a house on a lake and used that spot. It was a picnic, sunset wedding with blankets (tapestries from urban outfitters) and pillows (homemade) in the grass and the ceremony on the dock over the lake. Quite pretty I have to say… :)

14. Linnea said:

What about Kruger’s Farm on Sauvie Island?!
    Hoping you find the perfect place.