on the hunt again

a few weeks ago, I mentioned that I got these and these sandals. well, neither one worked out for me. sadly, I ended up returning both pairs.  the Rachel Comey Contributors were waaaaaay too big and just felt stiff and the Mias gave me blisters within wearing them 10 minutes.  sigh…  I’m on the hunt again.

picture-7

I figured I’d start over again with black. of course I really really love these, but I really don’t want to spend too much, seeing that I’ll only wear them for a few summer months. I found these cute options. what do you think?

{clockwise from top left: dv by dolce vita darling, steve madden broose, seychelles first class ticket, pink studio norma}

16 Responses to “on the hunt again”

1. Daniella said:

Oh wow! I am loving that last pair, bottom right. Too cute.

2. afton said:

i have those steve maddens and they are awesome!

3. Kate said:

Oh, what a bummer! I love the Seychelles pair.

4. Kate said:

steve maddens! they look like matt bernson’s but without the price tag! cute.

5. Megan said:

I love the Pink Studio pair. They are so cute!

6. Heather said:

Ok, I know this is going to sound CRAZY, but WALMART has sandals that look very much like these! They have all different colors, and to no surprise the black is always sold out. Might be worth checking at your local Walmart…I think they’re like $10!

7. elissa said:

go to aldo! they have lots of similar ones to these – including some black gladiators that are made of such soft leather they will be like slippers!

8. R said:

I also saw a pair of white, gladiator sandals yesterday, as in really comfy ones and that surprised me. i think there is also a black version. Only at $14.99 and you if you buy another pair (sale or regular), you get it half off. Thanks Heather, for the tip, I’ll check Walmart next time.

9. melanie said:

might i suggest marais usa’s crosby sandals? they’re fairly inexpensive and comfy, and come in a lot of colors (including black). according to their blog, they’re coming out with a patent version that’s $10 less than the suede ones. http://maraisusa.com/crosby-black.php

10. Jill said:

The pink studio pair, for sure. Too cute.

11. Gabrielle said:

Definitely the Pink Studio pair!

12. RubyE said:

Oh no! Sorry the first ones didn’t work out. I know you don’t want to spend a lot, but, honestly, shoes are the one item I will splurge on because I cannot stand to have my feet hurt nor will I put up with shoes wearing out in a few months. I want comfortable shoes that last! All that said, I LOVE these black gladiator sandals, and they’re not as much as they used to be because Ped has a summer sale going. But, alas, my size is gone. Maybe yours is still there? I also own these in black, which I wear day in and day out. Pricey for sandals, I know, but so great.