sea glass

I have a forever love for sea glass.  I instantly loved this photo by Celine.

thanks Nikole for the introduction to this lovely lady.

13 Responses to “sea glass”

1. Brandi said:

I loved hunting for sea glass when I was younger. On the Jersey shore, blue glass is the most difficult to find, though I have heard that people have found sea glass that’s orange or yellow in color as well.

I might have to go hunting soon. Can you hunt sea glass on the West Coast?

2. Hannah C said:

I love seaglass too. My mom lives in Hawaii and we always go hunting when we visit. So pretty.

3. erin said:

yes, yes. reminds me of walking the beach with my mom as a kid.

4. Katie said:

Seaglass is one of my FAVORITE things to make rings out of. I very love it, as my little nephew would say!

5. Mike S said:

I just love men who pick up sea glass!!

6. Jai said:

Holy Crap – I thought I was the only one who liked this stuff. I use it to decorate plates, and also for game pieces when we lose them. I have bags of this stuff in my crawlspace.

7. beth h said:

ooo, seaglass… every piece is different and special…

8. Carrie said:

I love it too, and stumbled upon Richard LaMotte discussing the subject and his book “Pure Sea Glass: Discovering Nature’s Vanishing Gems” while on sojourn in Delaware. It’s a lovely tabletop-style book, and I recommend it to anyone like me, who is curious to know more about their little treasures.

9. Vanessa said:

That photo just makes me want to go to the beach right now and pick up some shells and rocks, maybe sea glass if i find any and eat sandwiches while sitting in the sand.

10. celine said:

wow! I am so honoured that you showed one of my photos here! Truely, thank you so much! I am just so flattered that you like it!
    Mike S’s comment is funny!

11. Elle said:

Hunting for sea glass and agates, two of the best things to do at the beach!