frye chukka – how I’d wear them

on Monday when I posted about these amazing Chukka boots from Frye, Jen asked how I’d wear them.  I came up with two perfect outfits for some inspiration, one for now and one for later in the spring!  naturally, after putting together these outfits, the Chukkas have moved to the top of my wish list.

how I’d wear them now – pizza and beers with dlb:  striped tee, cashmere tie front sweater, cigarette jeans, brass holiday necklace, cotton leather shoulder bag, chukkas

and for later – first of spring brunch with the ladies:  around the world dress, fianna shrug, gold pyramid earrings, over-sized sunglasses, bandit foldover hobo, lace top rag socks, chukkas.

23 Responses to “frye chukka – how I’d wear them”

1. freefloatingsoul said:

You sure know how to put an outfit together… really, two outfits, since I loved them both. It makes me wish my wardrobe would magically expand and rotate itself based on how I am feeling when I wake up each morning.

2. boho boutique said:

i totally love these outfits..The second one is me all around..A pair of FRYE boots have been on my wish list forever and will continue to be so…You definitely have talent..

3. jen said:

Love the outfits! I could also see them with a nice dark skinny jean- so good call. Maybe some plaid.

4. sonya audrey said:

Oh my goodness, these inspiration outfits are just beautiful. I think I need to bookmark this for my next shopping trip! Love it.

5. two brunettes said:

they are both wonderful. THE SECOND OUTFIT !!!!!! wow. that is just precious. I need it, all of it.

6. Samantha said:

I love these posts. I am really trying to hone in on a ‘style’ for myself and I find your blog immensely helpful.

7. erica said:

the ankle height of the chukkas have always puzzled me, i love these two outfits.

quick question, do you own the harlans? do they stretch out?

8. chaucee said:

I absolutely ADORE the first outfit you pulled together. Very french. The sweater in the second look is what I’ve been looking for for a long time!

9. Melissa said:

I love the idea of a chukka boot in grey — for some reason, I always assume they’re meant to be a brown/tan shoe. Lovely!

10. Jane Flanagan said:

I’m crazy for the top look. Just divine. I’ve been pondering these boots since you posted them!

11. Jen Evans said:

Love the outfits! But, do the chukka boots come in sizes smaller than a men’s 7? There’s no way my size 8 women’s feet would fit in those.

Any suggestions?

12. kelley said:

love these outfits! i got so excited seeing that striped top, only to find out it’s way beyond my price range. i’m having the hardest time finding a cute, flattering striped t-shirt!

13. Carolyn said:

I got a lovely stripey top in Zara for a fraction of the price.
    The first outfit is such an effortless, chic look. Love it.

14. Amanda said:

These boots are wonderful! I hope you get them – you’ll love them! I have the North Face chukkas and I wear them everywhere! (Those outfits are REALLY cute too!)

15. Amy said:

I adore the first outfit. How could anyone not love those chukkas paired with all that you had? I want it all!

16. lauren said:

after looking at these outfits i actually *felt* more comfy!

17. amy said:

i’ve been looking for a new bag..totally love both of these, although sadly still beyond my budget:(

18. Jessie said:

I’m pretty sure I dreamt about these shoes last night. They are perfect. I can’t deal.

19. Vanessa said:

Whoa. I think I just fell in love with those boots. Is that possible?

20. Joanna M. said:

Beautfil outfits! I’m especially inclined for the 1st one. And the apc bag…so dreamy. Bisous

21. rock my world said:

love this post. now i want that striped tee and around the world dress. so pretty!