a succulent inspired wedding

a few weeks ago, I headed to Siesta Key, Florida for a wedding between two of my dearest friends.  they share my love of succulents and really wanted to incorporate them into their flowers and invitations.  the bride’s bouquet, by Bloom Garden Shop, included succulents, apricot roses, green amaranthus, star of bethlehem and my favorite, scabiosa pods.  isn’t it stunning?!

for their wedding stationery suite, we went with an illustration of a sempervivum succulent, blind embossed on the invitation and rsvp, then printed in a pale grey on their ceremony programs.  the results turned out beautiful, if I do say so myself, and tied in seamlessly with their flowers.  the design and letterpress was done by me and the gorgeous calligraphy was done by Mara from Neither Snow.

if you’re interested in custom letterpress or wedding stationery pricing, contact us for details.

{top photo by A Fly on the Wall Photography, bottom photos by me}

14 Responses to “a succulent inspired wedding”

1. ginnybranch stelling said:

oh so heavenly! gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! question- what is the name of the globular, suction-cup looking flowers? i always forget their name!

2. Masha said:

This is one of the most beautiful bouquets I’ve ever seen – we don’t have many succulents in Bulgaria, but I also love them.

And the letterpress is lovely – congratulations.

3. Carrie said:

oh my. the bouquet is absolutely breathtaking, and you did an outstanding job with the stationery. thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.

4. Ryan said:

Alyson, Haley and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Your invitations truly made the wedding memorable and you helped make our vision come true! Thanks again and we can’t wait for your wedding.

5. Hoopty Doopty said:

gorgeous bouquet. invitations are lovely and i especially like the blind pressing ~ classy.

6. erin said:

beautiful all around. really lovely work.

7. karla said:

i’m from Sarasota, Fl, so it’s weird to hear you mention Siesta! i was wondering where in Florida you were heading. did you run into Pee Wee Herman?? Perhaps Jerry Springer? :o)