summery cocktails

now that it’s officially summer, I need to put our new drink dispenser to use.  I suppose I’ll have to patiently wait for blackberries to ripen so I can make this, but I’ll need something in the mean time.

what is your favorite summer cocktail?

{via wit + delight}

21 Responses to “summery cocktails”

1. sarah said:

our go-to for the past few years has been a gin-tea-lemonade fizz. The recipe hails from epicurious, and is a combination of gin (1 c.; we like to use Tanqueray’s Rangpur Lime Gin for the extra citrus boost) frozen lemonade (1 can), hot tea (4 teabags brewed in 1 or 2 c. water – I can’t recall now, but I think it’s just 1), and a quart of carbonated mineral or spring water. Dangerously good!

is it still nice in PDX? It’s clouding over in SEA (sigh…c’mon, summer, you’re late!)

2. debbie said:

not sure if it’s very summery, but i just discovered the dark and stormy—totally addictive!

3. Emily said:

Yum! My favorite cocktail for summer is a gin and tonic with a slice of lime! Clean, simple, refreshing!

4. just a girl said:

My favorite summer drink is a deliciously dangerous drink with a terrible name: Strip and Go Naked. Vodka, beer, and frozen lemonade. May sound crazy, but it sure is delicious!

5. afton said:

next happy hour is at your place! i’ll bring sangria popsicles.

6. carrie said:

any kind of adult lemonade with a sprig of mint! mmmmm

7. Anna said:

sweet tea vodka and lemonade… or bootlegs (gin, lemonade and fresh mint)…or summer shandy (beer and lemonade)…or, now i’m thirsty. :)

8. Brittany said:

i just bought a drink dispenser and i’ve been making limeade like nobody’s business! (frozen/fresh limeade + sprite)

9. Mara said:

this drink looks amazing! You’ll have to share how it was!

10. Melissa said:

Mmm, what a great cocktail idea! For some reasons, whiskey sours remind me of summer.

11. jamey said:

A Pimm’s Cup: 2 parts lemonade, 1 part Pimm’s No. 1, top with gingerale or lemon-lime soda. over ice, garnished w/ cucumber. Very New Orleans.

12. kate said:

mmmm….summer and cocktails are the perfect pair. the equivalent of roast chicken on a cold fall day.

this summer i’m really into Big Gingers(Jameson and ginger ale). it’s the only way i can really enjoy whiskey!

13. Alice said:

Oh yum that looks really refreshing! I really like Manhattans.

14. sarah said:

oh, forgot one! Prosecco (we like Pink! prosecco raboso) and sparkling water, with a shot of St. Germain. Delightfully pink (if you use the prosecco raboso) with an ephemeral floral quality.

15. Sage and Style said:

This drink might replace mine, so pretty! However, I’m a sucker for a true Moscow Mule served in a chilled copper mug with a piece of candied ginger on the side. Delish! (The Standard in NYC has a fantastic version; so does The Bristol in Chicago.)

16. Design Fixation said:

Lately I’ve been making a tequila drink that involves muddled lemon and basil, topped off with some simple syrup and orange flavored sparling water. So refreshing!