10 Reasons Why Being Married Is Just Better
1. When I take money out of his wallet, I don’t have to pay him back. (Warning: This works both ways.)
2. He makes the coffee 63% of the time.
3. When we have a really crazy, stupid, screaming fight, I never have to think, “Oh my god, are we going to break up over this?”
4. Wrangling our finances has made me a more responsible person. I.E. I no longer buy $800 leather pants I can’t afford just because I hate my life.
5. Planning meals for two encourages me to eat better meals. Let’s be honest, it forces me to eat meals period. I mean, I can’t let my husband eat a jumbo bag of gummy sours for dinner.
6. He/she puts up with my crazy family. (Downside: She/he reminds me at inopportune moments how much I am like them.)
7. Her hatred of clutter inspires me find more creative places to hide my crap. (Note: The bedroom may not be considered a “creative” place to “hide” an effing enormous cardboard box.)
8. She has a long-term plan for my personal style. (Downside: She also has a short-term plan for my personal style.)
9. He can actually tell me which outfit looks better. (Bonus: He’s learned to keep his mouth shut during the delicate pull-everything-out-of-the-closet-and-throw-it-on-the-floor phase.)
10. She makes me come to bed before the birds start tweeting.
From east side bride and her husband, H-town.