this fall, more than ever, I’m concentrating on comfortable looks and classic styles that can stand true season to season. sometimes I let myself get too wrapped up in trends that I forget about the things that are most important to me in clothing: essential pieces to the wardrobe and of course, things that look good and make me feel good.
here are some things currently on my fall wish list:
1. slouchy sweaters – in cashmere, alpaca or merino, these slouchy sweaters look great with skinny jeans or leggings.
2. leather with a twist – I’ve wanted a leather jacket for so long but have never found one that screamed “me”. I think something like this one, with little style details different than the typical bomber, would be great in my closet.
3. a cashmere hoodie – yep. I said it. and I’m the one who always said “what’s the point of spending so much money on a hoodie?” then it occurred to me that, during the winter months, I wear my hooded sweatshirt more than any other piece in my closet. one word? comfort.
4. legging/skinny jeans – I actually already bought a pair of legging jeans for fall, so this isn’t really a true wishlist item. but when you find a pair that fits, best to get more than one color, right?
5. leggings – I get sick of tights sometimes. leggings can be great with the perfect tunic.
6. one perfect little black dress – I LOVE the style of this beauty. the subtle dolman sleeves and pleating at the skirt equal perfection in my mind.
7. animal prints – yes, I’ve sadly fallen for the animal print trend that’s hitting the fall runways. I’m not talkin full dresses and giant exploding prints of animal skin, but ever so slightly visible, for instance with a skinny belt.
8. ankle boots – I’ve already got a few pairs of tall boots and a great pair of oxford booties, so this year, I’m coveting a pair of black wedge ankle boots.
9. black flats – I’ve just about worn my pair of black flats to the ground so I’ve been hunting for a new pair. what I like about these is their casual elegance.
what’s on your fall wish list? I’d love to know.