christmas decor

christmas decor

this year, more than ever, I’m excited to decorate our house for the holidays.  we’ve got a really pretty red door which I’ve already hung a wreath on and a huge picture window in the front that I’m hoping {or hoping dlb will} drape some twinkling lights outside.  even though we won’t be in Portland for Christmas, we’re planning to get a tree this week so we can enjoy it while we’re here.  I’ve been wanting to get a few more things to spruce up the house to make it a little cozy and to me, this set up is nearly perfect.  not too flashy and honestly, I think I’d leave it around all winter long.

what about you?  how do you decorate for the holidays?

{via the style files}

10 Responses to “christmas decor”

1. Flora said:

Well, I wasn’t planning on doing anything, really, as we’ll not be around for the whole Christmas time, but now that I see this… I need to do something! Thank you for sharing :)

2. Nix said:

Wow. This is terrific. I love the rustic throwback. So cozy!

3. Amy Nieto said:

I’ve had my twinkle lights up since mid November :) Will need to think of some cute garlands to hang up around. Maybe a funky wreath. Hmmmmmmmm.

4. Truly Smitten said:

love how rustic and modern this looks! Decorations? What’s that? lol! I’ve just been too lazy putting holiday decoration up. But definitely next year once we move the heck out of IOWA! =)

5. Samantha said:

I Love the tin “Bethlehem” inspired pieces. The metal combined with the softness of the twinkle lights in amazing. I Love vintage inspired holiday decor and those that are passed down from family over the years. I have a collection of felt ornaments that my mom hand sewed when she was a teenager. I put them on a special tinsel tree for all to enjoy. I have some photos of them on my blog: http://www.vintageisforlovers.com

Happy Holidays.

6. Brigitta said:

This is pretty. At home this year I have been making garlands out of red, green and blue cupcake liners. I’ll be posting about them next week. x

7. k1ate said:

I am loving your finds lately– especially these christmas decorations! I really like the muted tones…