a new set of mountains to conquer

moving1

it’s official friends – our little family is moving to Bend, Oregon in less than two weeks. dlb was offered an amazing and exciting new job and we’ve decided to take the plunge. so on March 24, we’re packing up our all of our belongings and heading southeast to our new little home. we are WAY excited.

not only does this mean we’ve got a new adventure ahead of us, filled with exploring a new city and all the bountiful wilderness around it, but we’re doing a major role reversal. previous to getting a full time gig, dlb has been able to freelance from home, which meant he could spend all day hanging out with Wolf. in our new city, I’ll be able to write my blog, freelance from home AND focus on my number one job: MOM. I could not be more thrilled.

moving2

saying that we’ll miss Portland is an understatement. we will miss Portland DEARLY. it’s been our home base for nearly five years and we’ve established grounds here.  we’ve made friends, we’ve drank beer, we’ve eaten {and foraged} great food, we’ve hiked and camped and explored all over the place and we started our little family. thankfully, a weekend jaunt to the city is only a short drive away.

I’m excited also for what this will bring to Unruly Things and Unruly Little Things. I know, I know… you’re thinking, didn’t I mention a new design was in the works for UT like over a month ago? well, my in-house web developer was working on getting that job in Bend so he’s been a little busy. with a little extra prodding though, I think it’ll be ready before our move! I’ve been thinking of new ideas for UT which I think you’ll be really excited about and my goal is for ULT to remain our family blog with the major focus on kid things.

moving3

so!  I’m excited, are you excited!? I hope you’ll excuse the temporary silence here while we sort things out with the move. as always, I’m posting daily on Instagram and Pinterest so please follow me there. until then, hip hip!

{images of Three Sisters Wilderness, near Bend, Oregon by ms_katrine}

36 Responses to “a new set of mountains to conquer”

1. ethanollie said:

congratulations Alyson. so excited to see what this new adventure brings to you and your family. hip, hip indeed!

2. julia said:

congrats alyson! i’ve been to bend a couple of times and have some really close friends who live there! (and have little kids!) let me know if you want me to connect you with any of them- they’re good peoples :) xox

3. rebecca said:

Congratulations Alyson, that is such exciting news. I have heard wonderful things about Bend and can only imagine how exciting it will be to dedicate your time to your blog and of course your family!!! I look forward to hearing about your adventures!!

4. Lexie said:

Congrats, Alyson! What a sweet adventure you’ll be in for!

5. Michelle Smid said:

Wow! Congratulations to you both. So excited for your family and what is in store.

6. Ashley said:

I loved Bend when I visited! Congrats and best wishes on the move. Aron and I were making guesses yesterday with your little tease! I’m sure you’ll thrive wherever you go. How exciting!

7. Sally Mae said:

What a great change! Bend is awesome and having more time with Wolf wil be so good after being away at work so long. I am envious and excited for you guys. :)

8. Liana said:

How exciting! New beginnings are so much fun, especially if you’re all in it together! Best of luck getting settled.

9. celia said:

oh, wow! bend, oregon looks STUNNING. congratulations on being able to saty home with your little wolf. there is not one day that i don’t realize how lucky i am for being able to do the same… even on the days that cheech decided to drive me a little crazy. ;)

10. celia said:

that would be, “stay” and “decides”. i speak english, i swear.

11. Emily said:

Congrats – Bend is beautiful! Also very neat that you’ll be switching up your daily routine! We’re actually making a move (back) to eastern Oregon this June and while I’m slightly scared, I’m also very excited.

12. Brittany said:

i am so excited for your new adventure! i love bend and i can’t wait for you to share with usall of your great experiences there!

13. rebecca said:

wow! that’s going to be so much fun! looking forward to the inside scoop on lands east of the cascades.

14. Haley said:

Man those photos make ME want to move to Bend :)
    Blessings and good luck on your new adventure.

15. jamie said:

so effing happy for you guys…. heart bursting.

16. suann | simplesong said:

super exciting on all fronts. i love bend — so beautiful. congrats, a!

17. Megan Brown said:

I wanna go on this hike when I visit :)

18. sulu-design said:

Wow – what a change! Congratulations and best of luck with the move and settling in to a new place.

19. Shayna said:

wow! how exciting…what a neat and beautiful change. excited to see what creativity develops from this new adventure.

20. Monica said:

Congratulations! So looking forward to more unruly things and exploring a new city with you via your blog.

21. jen jafarzadeh said:

hooray for more time with Wolf! Looks like a beautiful place to live. Congrats and hope your move goes smoothly! sounds like a great adventure is in store for you guys.

22. Natalie said:

Congrats! My husband and I moved for his job over a year ago — his new schedule is totally flexible and allows us to spend more time together, too, because I freelance from home. It is so awesome, and I know you won’t be sorry for “taking the plunge!” Best of luck with the move! xo

23. katie said:

congrats alyson!! what exciting and wonderful news! those pictures made me “homesick”… i’ve been missing oregon like crazy these past few weeks… enjoy those three sisters for me :) take care!! xo

24. kristina said:

OMG! So so so super exciting, Alyson. I’ve heard amazing things about Bend for families. Sounds like a brilliant move.

25. abby said:

Wow, exciting news!!! You will love Bend, being the sunshine lover that you are :) We lived in the Bend/Sisters area for a while, and there is just so so so much beauty, all within a hop skip and jump. Sisters is really fun to explore too. Summers in Central Oregon, oh my.

26. Mrs. French said:

wha? you know i am in bend right? it really is kind of scary how excited i am to have you here! xoxo t

27. nicole b. said:

Congrats! I have a friend who lives in Bend, works for a state park and teaches Pilates. She LOVES it there! Good luck with the move! xo.

28. Katie said:

Congratulations! I’ve {quietly} enjoyed your blog for a while now and thought it was time to chime in and say hooray!

29. Susan Hazel said:

My best friend has a cabin in Sisters. It’s truly a magical place. You’re a lucky lady to be moving to the area.

30. Sydney said:

Congrats! As someone who grew up in Central Oregon, I know you’re going to find that Bend is a place where you will fit right in. I can’t wait to hear about your new adventures!

31. Amy Nieto said:

Excuse me while I wipe tiny tear of excitement and little sadness. But omg look at those photos! Now, I REALLY cannot wait to visit you all this summer! <3