it’s a…

unruly things : it's a BOY!!

BOY!!! that’s right – brothers! I wanted a special way to announce this little babe and couldn’t think of anything more fun than a bunch of big balloons. so we braved a super windy day and headed to the park for a few pics. at first the news that we were having anotherĀ little boy was hard. I’d always pictured myself with one boy and one girl. but I can’t say I didn’t have a hunch already that it was a boy even if I’d been holding out for the news of a baby girl. I’ve been getting used to the idea of having two little boys andĀ the more and more I think about it, the more excited I am to be the mama to two wonderfully sweet little boys. plus, I think Wolf will just love having a little brother!

I’m almost 21 weeks pregnant, which means I’m over the hump! hopefully this little guy doesn’t play the waiting game that Wolf did and comes closer to his due date. we’re still looking at mid-September and couldn’t be more thrilled. now to think about names!

unruly things : it's a BOY!!unruly things : it's a BOY!!

8 Responses to “it’s a…”

1. Madelyn said:

Congratulations! Two boys sounds very exciting. I’m a huge name nerd, so I can’t wait to hear about your possible names, if you feel like sharing, of course.

2. mellou said:

I have two boys, almost 2 and 3 years old. They were 16 months apart. A little crazy in the beginning but awesome now. I love being a boy mom. :) Congratulations to you on another little boy!

3. sally mae said:

Gorgeous photos Alyson!! I am so excited for you – although you are definitely outnumbered though with all of those boys around! But won’t it be kind of nice when they are older and Levi can take them out on adventures so you can have some “girl” time?!?! Congrats on being over halfway!!!

4. jenny said:

Congratulations! I’m due with a boy (and our first baby) at the very same time as you. Boy names are extra hard I think. Best wishes for your pregnancy, and please keep the baby posts coming!

5. Clare said:

Congratulations Alyson! I am just about a week behind you, which is funny because I started following your blog when I was pregnant with my son who was born just after Wolf. I just found out the sex today and we’re having a little girl, and I was so sure it was going to be another little boy! I had really come around to the idea of brothers — I think it’s such an awesome relationship. Though I have to say I’m psyched about a girl, even though I’m sure it stems from some misguided, impossible notion about recreating my own childhood! Ha! All the best for a smooth second half and an easy labour and delivery!

6. katharine said:

Congratulations!!! The first time around I hoped for a girl but now I am so in love with my son I only want boys. Funny how it all works out, right? If you don’t mind sharing, where did you get your cute dress? For this pregnancy I want more fun dresses :)

• alyson said:

thanks Katharine! it’s from Ilana Kohn and a perfect dress, pregnant or not! :)

• Katharine said:

Thanks for replying on this! It is super cute :)